Congratulations on listing your home! I'm sure you are certainly in great
hands with an experienced and successful real estate team. Their goal is to get your home
sold as quickly as they can. Most clients would agree that having one’s home on the market is
both exciting and yet inconvenient at the same time. So… are you really motivated to improve
showings and get an offer as quickly as possible? Here is where staging can improve those odds.
Real Estate agents are experts in selling real estate, so it makes sense for them to utilize a trained professional for staging and getting your home ready for re-sale. I work with many different companies and am always excited that they have invited me to collaborate with them to boost positive feedback on your showings. As a professional stager, my goal is to work in tandem with your agent and make suggestions that will capitalize on key first impressions of your home.
It stands to reason that most clients are emotionally invested in their homes. My goal is never to be critical, but rather to view your home with an “objective” perspective and always
maintaining the primary goal of getting your home sold. Sometimes, it can be a challenge to modify your home while it is on the market. Emotionally detatching from your existing home can be helped by shifting your attention and enthusiasm to your next home.
Staging a home can range from as little as tidying up, and de-cluttering- to re-positioning or editing furniture to maximize visual appeal of each room, re-painting, tweaking window treatments, and accessorizing. Realizing that most home owners won’t want to invest a lot of money in a home they will vacate, budgets are a key factor. Often, items can be found at consignments stores, and furniture could be rented. The biggest commitment lies with you in your willingness to follow through on suggestions for improvement.
So, on a scale of 1-10, we hope your score is “10 for readiness”. Here’s how the process starts:
1. An initial walk-thru will take place with me, and your agent. The goal is get first impressions and dialogue as we walk through and around your home.
2. Curb appeal is so important –so attention will be given to both front & rear elevations.
3. Each room will be photographed, measurements taken and notes for enhancement
4. Within 24-48 hours I will draft a detailed report which will first be presented to your
agent for their input and approval of all the suggestions I make for improvements.
5. A second walk-thru will be scheduled with you and me. Here, I will discuss- room by room staging modifications. This will give us an opportunity to get acquainted, and
clarify suggestions. We can discuss and rate most important changes.
6. As needed, I will make recommendations for any contracted projects such as: painters, window treatment fabrications, consignment stores, rugs etc.
7. I will make myself available for any furniture re-positioning and tweaking the staging until we all agree that your home is ready for most optimal showings.
To set up an appointment with me for a staging consultation please contact me
through my email: Conniedugan@hargray.com or cell phone 843-422-0752. I look
forward to helping you get your home sold quickly!